Books & Brews at Flight Deck Brewing In-Person
Like books AND locally sourced artisan beer? Curtis Library holds an off-site monthly book group at Flight Deck Brewing on Brunswick Landing. This book group typically reads non-fiction and is for anyone who wants to talk books while enjoying a most excellent beer.
Flight Deck Brewing is located at 11 Atlantic Avenue, Brunswick Landing.
2020 titles to discuss are:
- February 5 : Killers of the Flower Moon: the Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
- March 4: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- April 1: Hello World: Being Human in the Age of Algorithms by Hannah Fry
- May 6: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: and Other Lessons From the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty
- June 3: The Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border by Francisco Canti
- July 1: The Lobster Coast: Rebels, Rusticators, and the Struggle for a Forgotten Frontier by Colin Woodard
- August 5: The Eight Mountains: A Novel by Paolo Cognetti
- September 2: The Truffle Underground: A Tale of Mystery, Mayhem, and Manipulation in the Shadowy Market of the World’s Most Expensive Fungus by Ryan Jacobs
- October 7: Voices from Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexiovich
- November 4: Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nhat Hanh
- December 2: Bookworm: A Memoir of Childhood Reading by Lucy Mangan